We had a great 2017 Judged Show.
The show will hang at the Art Center for the month of April. Judging will be April 1 at 4:00pm. Photographs should be picked up on April 27 or 28 from 10:00am – 4:00pm.
Here are the results:
|Best In Show:|
|2nd||Craig Timkham||Setting Pretty|
|Black and White/Sepia:|
|1st||Michael Morse||Tree of Life|
|2nd||Roger Boe||Carson Mission Eureka|
|3rd||Roger Boe||String Lake in Fog|
|2nd||Gary Tatum||A New Beginning|
|3rd||Bea Cowger||Spring Iris|
|1st||Roger Boe||Black Votes Matter|
|2nd||Bruce Grayum||Rodeo Queen|
|Obvious Photoshop, HDR, and Color Combos:|
|1st||Denise Meador||Just Me and My Shadow|
|2nd||Steve Spring||FreakAlley – Boise|
|3rd||Michael Morse||Forgotten Frozen Farm|
|Open / Miscellaneous:|
|1st||Shannon Leigh Bowen||High Time 5 Pin|
|2nd||Michael Morse||Dump Truck Yesteryear|
|3rd||Barb Tatum||Icy Wire|
|1st||Herman Garcia||Morning at Oxbow|
|2nd||Ross Walker||Palouse Country Road|
|3rd||Roger Boe||Fort Hall Sunset|
|1st||Michael Fryer||Unknown Soldier|
|2nd||David Clayden||Newport Light|
|3rd||David Clayden||Dynamic Blue|
We are moving the judging up to 4:00 this year so that it doesn’t extend so late into the night. That means that entries were due at 12:00 noon on April 1st.
Here is the 2017 JUDGED PHOTO SHOW FLIER FINAL
There are 8 categories:
- Scapes (landscapes, cityscapes, & Architecture)
- People (portraits, general people, non offensive body parts)
- Black and White/Sepia (or any mono-tone)
- Travel (shows, vacation, places around the world)
- Botanical (flowers, trees, plants, etc.)
- Animal Kingdom (living animals, insects, etc.)
- Obvious Photoshop (or any editing software) , HDR, and Color Combos (obviously manipulated)
- Open / Miscellaneous (still life, abstracts)
Below are links to the Entry Form and the Rules. They are PDF documents, so they should be easily viewed and printed. If you have problems with them, please let us know so we can figure out something that will work for you.
Sorry, On-Line Entry Is Now Closed – Cutoff for filling out your entry on-line is Tues 29 March at Midnight. Filling out the form On-Line will save time when you deliver your photos to the Art Center because we will have the form printed out and ready for you. You still have to have your photos to the Art Center by the deadline (12:00 noon on April 1st).
Here are explanations of the judging criteria:
- Impact is the sense one gets upon viewing an image for the first time. Compelling images evoke laughter, sadness, anger, pride, wonder or another intense emotion. There can be impact in any of these twelve elements.
- Composition is important to the design of an image, bringing all of the visual elements together in concert to express the purpose of the image. Proper composition holds the viewer in the image and prompts the viewer to look where the creator intends. Effective composition can be pleasing or disturbing, depending on the intent of the image maker.
- Lighting —the use and control of light—refers to how dimension, shape and roundness are defined in an image. Whether the light applied to an image is manmade or natural, proper use of it should enhance an image.
- Center of Interest is the point or points on the image where the maker wants the viewer to stop as they view the image. There can be primary and secondary centers of interest. Occasionally there will be no specific center of interest, when the entire scene collectively serves as the center of interest.
- Creativity is the original, fresh, and external expression of the imagination of the maker by using the medium to convey an idea, message or thought.