The Portneuf Valley Photographic Society is a group of people who are interested in and enjoy photography. We are a part of the Pocatello Art Center. Visitors are welcome to attend our meetings, and functions anytime!
Photo Club Meeting:
Our September meeting (Thursday Sept 27) will feature an informal discussion/show and tell on the following topics:
- Removing people from an image using multiple exposures (interval shooting)
- Time lapse technique using multiple exposures
- Smoothing water – waterfalls, streams and lakes with longer shutter speeds
- Crystal Ball Photography
Everyone is invited to bring images for show and tell, those who went on the recent club sponsored Yellowstone National Park Photo Tour please bring images from the trip.
Our October meeting (Thursday Oct 25) will feature photography of Death Valley National Park and Joshua Tree National Park
- Flowers from Death Valley – Roger Boe
- Locations and perspectives of the Parks – Buck Dutton, Mark Harrild, Eric Johnson
There will be no meeting in November because of Thanksgiving.
PVPS Annual Christmas Party:
Thursday December 6th 6:30pm
Home of Eric and Nancy Johnson
9578 Braxton Drive
Pocatello, Idaho 83204
As you travel up Mink Creek Road to Scout Mountain turn right on Autumn Lane. As the canyon starts to flatten out the road veers right and turns into Andee K Lane. Continue on Andee K. Right after Chestnut Hill Drive the road will drop down into a draw. At the bottom of the draw is Braxton Drive. Turn right on Braxton drive, our home is at the bottom of street..
What to bring:
- Please bring your favorite holiday side dish.
- Our show-and-tell this year will be “images from 2018.” Please bring 5-6 of your favorite images for the 2018.
- Please bring any ideas for special events that you would like to do in 2019 such as day trips, competitions, photo tours etc.
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact me at your convenience. Hope to see you all there.
November – 5th-10th will be the Moab Trip (Arches/Canyonlands National Parks). The plan is to arrive on Monday and leave on Friday or Saturday.
About some of our past events
Several of the club members went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point for a photo trip. They returned with some very nice photos along with stories of a fun time and more opportunities than they could take advantage of.
Our Judged Show was great. We had a lot of great photographs entered and some great judges. The show looked great hanging in the gallery.
Bryce Canyon Trip:
Our trip to Bryce Canyon was great. The Photog Adventures guys, Aaron and Brendon, spent some time with us. They took us on a hike to a great place with a single tree on the top edge of a cliff/hoodoo and a sunset. They also taught us about shooting start trails, very fun. We have a Flickr group where people are putting pictures from the trip. It is worth checking it out.
Our Yellowstone happened. More on that to come.